- 1 medium White Onion, diced
- 6 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2-inch piece Ginger, outer skin removed, finely grated
- 1/2 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Cooking Oil
- 1/2 Green Jalapeno, diced (optional)
- 3 medium Tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium Red Bell Pepper, stem and seeds removed
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro, loosely packed
- 3/4 cup Coconut Milk, full-fat
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 medium Cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 3 Teaspoons Garam Masala
In a large pan, on medium heat, add in the mustard seeds and allow them to fry for ~30 seconds. You should start to see them sizzle and start popping. Add the reaming ingredients. Cook for a few minutes until fragrant and the onions start to become translucent.
Place above ingredients into a blender until smooth. Add onion, garlic, ginger, mustard seeds and jalapeno pepper. blender until smooth.
Step 3Pour the sauce from the blender back into the saute pan, Heat the sauce on medium-low until you achieve a gentle simmer. Cook uncovered for 10-15 minutes on medium-low heat.
Add cauliflower and garam masala into the sauce, Cover and cook on low heat until the cauliflower florets are cooked and tender.
Remove the cover and cook again on medium heat, stirring occasionally until the sauce reduces and thickens in consistency.
Drizzle 1-2 tbsp of cashew cream and garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.