Healthy Apple Muffins
Servings: 12 muffins
- 414 ml organic hard unbleached flour
- 7 ml baking powder alum free
- 5 ml cinnamon ground
- 2.5 ml baking soda alum free
- 2.5 ml sea salt
- 235 ml organic granny smith apples grated
- 235 ml organic granny smith apples diced into 1/4 inch cubes
- 78 ml Maison Orphee Raw organic coconut oil melted
- 118 ml Robinson's 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 large Small Flock's Delight eggs
- 118 ml Hewitt's Goat Milk Yogurt
- 118 ml Eden Organic Apple Sauce
- 5 ml Simply Organic Vanilla Extract
- 15 ml Organic Cane Sugar
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease 12 muffin cups or use muffin baking cups.
In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Blend well with whisk. Add grated and chopped apple and stir to combine.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine oil, maple syrup and beat together with a whisk. Add the eggs, beat well, then add the yogurt, applesauce and vanilla and mix well.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix with a big spoon, just until combined. The batter will be thick, don't worry. Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle tops of the muffins with cane sugar.
Bake muffins for 13-15 min., or until golden on top, and toothpick inserted into muffin comes out clean.
Place muffin tin on cooling rack to cool and these won't last. They will be eaten up quickly.